Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Program at Hillcrest


Grandma was really ready to party the other night at the annual Hillcrest Christmas Program. She must of ate a whole bag of M & M's ( a true chocoholic) in addition to the Sherbert punch and cake. I wonder what time she really got to bed, because when we took her to her room she was not ready to go down. I asked her a couple of silly questions like "Are you still ready to party?" and she said "Yes!" and then I asked her "Are you going to get in trouble?" and she said "Yes!" and I had a feeling she knew exactly what I was saying. I even got an "I love you" before I left, which is the best Christmas present of all.




A local singer, Jack Carey (he's not in the Santa Suit however), who used to be a DJ in a former life and now does the Christian singing circuit, was there to entertain. Sure enough, when "White Christmas" came up Grandma managed to mumble "White Christmas" along with the chorus. I think she enjoyed the music, I know she enjoys music, but she didn't respond to the songs like she did last year. She knows the songs are familiar, but can't sing along like she used to. Just like she knows these people (her family) are familiar to her but she can't put her finger on it. I wonder if she ever thinks "just what are these people doing here all the time?" but I know she feels loved and that is what counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home