Friday, October 27, 2006

Good Taste

Yesterday Mom called and said that Grandma couldn't get her food in her mouth fast enough. She was ravenous and finished a good breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately, most of the staff at Hillcrest has the flu, so they are short handed. At times I've thought it would be nice to just go out there and volunteer if I had the time, but I can't.

I never really thought Grandma was close to death last weekend, but I know that in a condition such as hers, the flu could bring her down fast.

I'm going to make apple bars again this weekend (I may cheat and buy pre-made pie crusts) so she can enjoy some more. I know that she recognizes what they are. You don't know what she's thinking anymore, and she probably doesn't even know herself, but I think that using other senses like taste, can maybe spark a thought. More so than a photo. I know she's tired of looking at photos because she doesn't recognize much anymore and she gets annoyed easily.

If I'm feeling ambitious I may even tackle Grandma's coconut creme pie recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home