Monday, October 23, 2006

Flu Bug

My mom said that Grandma got sick Friday and was vomiting quite a bit and couldn't keep anything down. She did manage to keep down some chicken broth yesterday, and drank two cups of 7UP. No fever. And she's not refusing to eat or drink, she definitely wants her fluid and such. All I did last night was hold her hand and tell her a few things about my week. She kept drifting in and out, but was looking at me at least. A couple of times she tried to get out a sentence, but there's hardly anything to understand anymore except "no" and "yes."

Prayers go out to Bailey, her Mother passed away last week, and Paula, her father passed away yesterday. Both blogs I've read and passed on to others, they are so much more enlightening than any other article about Alzheimer's disease. It puts a real voice behind those who are suffering from Alzheimers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly--I'm thinking of your grandmother--I hope she's feeling better now. It's been a hard couple of weeks for everyone!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also hope your grandmother is feeling better. Bailey and Paula both took their blogs down, which I was also sad to see; I also gained much from reading them.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home