Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mystery Meal #536

I just can't get over pureed food. It's just not right. It tastes the same as "normal" un-pureed food but the visual presentation is terrible. I'm a picky food snob.

I was all prepared for Grandma to not eat the other night because mom said she ate a real good lunch, which always means that Grandma won't eat dinner. I brought a couple of mom-baked cookies with me just in case she didn't want to touch her dinner. I always default to cookies, because even if she won't eat, I feel that at least she ate SOMETHING. She needs calories.

Well to my surprise she inhaled her dinner of ground up hot dog, pureed tomatoes, whipped cucumbers and blended navy bean soup. What the dessert was I don't know, I smelled it and it had a sweet cinnamon aroma, but not fruity. I was too afraid to taste that one.

I would kill for a burger at Oogies in Streator, IL. Grandma would always take us grandkids there for a cheeseburger, fries and Root Beer. There was also a diner in Ransom that made great burgers, the greasy way. Greasier the better. Unfortunately, Oogies is closed and another restaurant has taken it's place. Shame. Ransom now has one bar that serves food, but it's not the same. Nothing will ever be the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karma said...

My grandmother also only eats puried food too. It is very disturbing. I read somewhere a recommendation to bring in ice cream.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home