Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Ride is Over

The nurses finally put Grandma back on her regular schedule of meds this week. Today she wasn't very alert and slept the whole time I was there except for about two minutes. She opened her eyes and looked at me for a moment and reached out to pull me closer. I thought maybe she wanted to give me a hug because she was happy to see me, but turns out she just wanted to lay her head on my shoulder for a snooze :) go figure. That was fine with me. I read a couple of women's magazines to her while she slept. When it was time for me to go I had to wake her up enough so that she would eat some lunch. The nurses said she ate a really good breakfast (her appetite is back YAY).



Aunt Carol comes in to the Red Hat Society gatherings at Hillcrest and she got Grandma to wear a hat for the occaision. I remember when Grandma wore all kinds of hats when I was little. I also remember thinking that she looked very classy - almost too classy to live in a farm town.

When I said goodbye today I told her "I love you" and she grabbed me again, which I thought meant that she wanted to use my shoulder for some sleep, but she gave me a kiss on the cheek instead. I'm glad to see her calmed down now and a bit more focused. I think she knew I was there the whole time she was sleeping.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home