Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Brunch at Hillcrest

Hillcrest had a Mother/Daughter brunch festivity over the weekend, so I went out and joined Alaina, Gayle, Aunt Rosemary, Aunt Carol and my mom (AKA Aunt Barbara). Uncle Steve was around somewhere, but I only saw him for a few minutes. He enjoys buzzing around and talking to people.

The brunch was nice and Grandma almost ate a whole muffin. I could tell she liked the bright tablecloth, flower napkins and decorations by the way she kept fiddling with them. She really likes to touch things, in a way that someone reads Braille, she skims her hands over the top like she’s trying to understand it. I have no idea what her eyesight is like, but she wears her glasses still, and she can read large print words.

Mom said she fell/scooted out of her bed Monday, but there doesn’t seem to be any damage. She must of fell on her bum just right; no one could find any bruising otherwise. Lately the falls have been a regular occurrence, she’s not wearing her Velcro/strap/alarm thing anymore because she learned how to take that off. Believe it or not she’s got a lot of strength in those little arms and she can rip off or hoist herself whenever she wants to. Many times I’ve tried to pry her fingers off of her wheelchair so I can push her around and there are days when she’s got such a vise grip on the wheels that I can’t budge a pinky.

Aunt Rosemary set Grandma’s hair after breakfast. The style never lasts very long, but then again my hairstyle never does either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home