Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Write Beginnings

My Aunt Ruth gave me a diary when I was in fourth grade. It wasn't my first, however... I remember having one before that with a lock and key. I think it was red and said "Five Year Diary" on the cover.

I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote through my elementary and high school years and even took all of my diaries with me to college. Regrettably, I threw them all out one day because my boyfriend at the time said that I shouldn't be "sharing secrets" with anyone but him and that I needed to open up (I thought I was in love) so in the trash they went.

In hindsight, I regret throwing them away. Right now they are rotting in a landfill near Naperville, IL, and I have half a mind to go up there and dig. Maybe someone came across them and kept them. Hell I don't care if they've been read or not, half the stuff now is probably sooo trite (OHMIGAWD I'm having such a baaaaad hair day {sniff}). What kind of notice to I put out to the community? LOST: circa 1986-87. A set of diaries. Finders fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home